It has been almost three months for Google to officially come up with its algorithm update. The last time this current search engine released a major public statement was in June 4, 2019 and it completely changed the SEO ground. Here, she talked about diversity updates, designed to reduce the current number of results from similar sites on the first-ever page of Google search.
This review came with some changes such as clearing the schema type set for some snippets of reviews, self-serving based reviews are not allowed and it was necessary to name one thing that people are reviewing. Later, in September 2019, Google Webmaster’s own and official Twitter account announced that a key algorithm is now an important part of creep and then indexes the process of rich results or review snippets. According to the mentioned tweet, this new update is accompanied by some significant changes to the way the Google-based search review snippet was previously displayed and it will change the entire game. You will learn more about the update once you are thoroughly investigating ChicagoSEO and get to the bottom of it.
About the update and some additional information
According to the statements given by Google, the rich results based on reviews were working hard to help users find the best services or businesses. However, unfortunately, a lot of abuse was happening here due to lack of updates and guidelines from the time when Google started implementing it. The current impact of Google-based search reviews is becoming more and more popular at the present time.
- The main official blog was about to announce a new Google search review based algorithm update. It has been said that webmasters globally are here to better optimize their websites for Google search review.
- At this present time, Google has introduced around 17 standard schemes, which are intentionally designed for webmasters to properly prevent any misleading or invalid implementations.
- Just before this update, webmasters had the right to add Google search reviews to any web page that used the review markup.
- But, Google identified that certain types of web pages displaying review snippets do not add fair value to users. Some sites may have used the review schema to make it popular among others.
To put only one end to this abuse, Google has actually limited the review schema to around 17 niches. These search reviews will now only appear for websites that fall under the 17 variants and their current sub-types.
It will not allow self-serving review for organizations or local businesses
One of the major hiccups that Google faced involved displaying real reviews, which were always created to add their own reviews to rough third-party widgets. These were also addressed in the markup code.
- Right from the time the new algorithm update to Google has actually stopped supporting Google search reviews for schema type organizations and local businesses.
- They have turned off Google search reviews for subtypes of local businesses and organizations.
- These are mainly associated with businesses that are using some of the third party based markup code and widgets.
An attempt is being made to add the names of the items that are being reviewed
According to the latest Google search review algorithm, it has been made mandatory for the name property to be an important part of the scheme. This note will make it mandatory for all businesses, whether large or small, to add the name of the item that is going to review. This really helps to deliver a meaningful review based experience for all users working at Google.
Variety update as roll out on June 2019
As the June 2019 core update progresses, Google has finally and officially confirmed that another update is going to be part of the algorithm. This was the all-new variation update and the main purpose of this update is to prevent various search results from the same old website from appearing on the first page of Google search. Most people thought that this change in Google’s update would add a minor change to the work area.
- However, there are many forums that are happening in many forums, which will talk about updates, which will affect some branded queries. This may require Google search engines to list multiple pages from the same source or site.
- This roll-out was announced through the official Google Twitter handle other Google search contacts in the world.
- However, there is yet another new change, which is about to launch in Google Search, and is primarily designed to add some more site diversity to the results.
- Changes in the diversity of the site primarily ensure that people do not get to see more than two listings from the same site, at the top of the result.
But, there are some other examples where systems are likely to determine whether a particular search is likely to occur. One major change that you can expect to get from the diversity update will be related to the sub-domain. Google has clearly stated that the sub-domain will now be well regarded as a major part of the root domain. This ensures that there will be only one search result, which will appear in each domain.
According to Google, site diversity will always consider sub-domains as a core part of the parent domain. All lists from the main and subdomains will always be considered correct from a single site. But, sub-domains are likely to be treated with different sites to serve some different purposes, whenever the situation seems to be perfect for the same.